The DuSable Is Going Places!
The DuSable is Going to Cuba!
November 5-15, 2011
$3,800 per person
Based on double occupancy
For more information please contact:
Africa Travel Advisors, Inc
The DuSable Museum is excited to return to offering educational traveling tours. Part of the Museum’s mission is to “…promote understanding and inspire appreciation of the experiences of Africans and African Americans through activities…” The DuSable is Going Places! initiative assists in accomplishing this goal, but more importantly linking African Americans to their ancestral legacy.
Our tour in 2010 was to Mexico! In conjunction with the traveling exhibition, African Presence in Mexico: From Yanga to the Present, DuSable traveled to Mexico for thirteen days for an unforgettable experience, which explored the influence that Africa has had on Mexican culture and civilization.
Our next trip is to Cuba! Join The DuSable Museum and Africa Travel Advisors for an eleven day tour as we learn the heritage and accomplishments of the Afro-Cuban people. We will celebrate them as one of our Museum’s Founder, Dr. Margaret T. Burroughs did in this poem.
MY DEAR CUBAN SISTERS & BROTHERS
Do you wish to know
Why I love to visit you and your sun-kissed country
Again and again?
Well, I will tell you.
It is because
When I am in your country
And I am surrounded by all of you
Whose faces reflect the rays of God’s rainbow
Of black, white, red, brown, & yellow and some in-between
When I am with you
I feel a sense of total equality and respect
I feel fully accepted
I feel that I am truly
A member of God’s human family
And I know that-that which was just a dream
For a Black American like me
In your country
Can indeed become, can actually become a reality
Just as it is for you in your country
Just as it is being lived
Every day, all day and all year long
In your sun-kissed country.
My Dear Cuban Sisters & Brothers
This is why I Love to visit you and
Your sun-kissed country
Again and again.
Your tour will include visits to Havana, Capital city of Cuba; Mantanza, home of the Rumba, Cha-Cha-Cha and Danzon (Mambo); Trinidad, and Santiago, de Cuba. Travelers will also enjoy lectures and tours to museums and more!
Your tour will include:
- Round-trip airfare from Chicago
- Accommodations at the Nacional Hotel
- Lectures and tour of the National Museum of Art Belles Artes in Havana and the Casa de las Amerces Visit to the Martin Luther King Center in Havana
- Visit to the African House in Havana
- Tour to Mantanza -including a visit to the Junco Palace Provincial Museum plus lunch
- Overnight visit to the city of Trinidad that includes visits to the Architecture *Museum and the Casa Regidor which houses the city’s art gallery
- Round-trip transportation to Santiago de Cuba- Cuba’s most exotic city
- Melia Santiago de Cuba Hotel
- Visits and lectures to the gallery Oriente, Arts and Craft market and me Museum of Colonial Art plus visit to the studios on Jorge Jacas and Lincoln Came
- Lecture of Afro Cuban Religion and history of Santeria Religion
- Day tour to Morro Castle
- Breakfast dailey-3 lunches -1 Dinner
- Optional Tropicana Show
- Full American breakfast daily
- Lunch in Mantanza
- Farewell dinner
- Assistance in Travel Licenses Documentation
- Pre tour orientation
- Membership in DuSable Museum of African American History
- Nightly Jazz and dance if desired
African Travel Advisors, Inc and The DuSable Museum of African American History named herein and cooperating agents act only in the capacity of agents for the passengers in all manners pertaining to hotel accommodations, sightseeing tours and transportation where by airplane, motor coach, motor car, rail or boat in such shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may occur by occasion either by reason or any default or any company or person(s) engaged in conveying the passenger(s) or carrying out the arrangement of tours or otherwise.