“Making Brown Work” EVENT WILL STREAM LIVE!
TUNE IN FEB. 22 @ 1:00PM
EVENT will stream Live! TUNE IN FEB. 22 @ 1:00PM
The seminal 1954 Brown vs. the Board of Education ruling suggested that African American’s would finally be able to utilize the resources of public education as a pathway towards equity and upward mobility. Unfortunately, 60 years later this promise has never fully materialized.
The DuSable Museum and the Illinois Amistad Commission will host a series of public lectures examining America’s history of educating people of color, and what needs to happen to assure greater equity and student achievement in the future.
- Williams C. Ayers – University of Illinois at Chicago
- Ronald Bailey – University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
- F. Erik Brooks – Western Illinois University
- Josef Ben Levi – Northeastern Illinois University
- Therese Quinn – University of Illinois at Chicago
- David Omotoso Stovall – University of Illinois at Chicago
- Asantewaa Oppong Wadie – Aba Educational Consultants
- Dr. Chandra Gill