May 2019: Engage with Objects & Explore History!
A field trip to the DuSable Museum of African American History gives students a chance to interact with material culture from the past. Look, listen, and connect with African American history through our new engagement initiatives.
Enjoy a 45-minute Docent led exploration of one of the following exhibitions:
- Freedom, Resistance & the Journey Toward Equality
- A Slow Walk to Greatness: The Harold Washington Story
- Clearing A Path For Democracy: Citizen Soldiers of the 8th Illinois National Guard
- South Side Stories: The Art & Influence of of Dr. Margaret T. Burroughs, 1960-1980
Following the tour, there will be an exhibit-specific learning activity that will further connect students to the themes of the exhibit. After registering for your experience, you will receive pre-, during, and post- visit materials.
- Please book a Guided Tour experience 3 weeks in advance
- Guided Tour maximum group size: 30 (includes teachers & chaperones)
- Price: $50.00/per group of 30 (Additional groups of 30 people will be charged an additional $50 Max group size is 90)
- Plan to spend 1.5 hours in the museum
- Tour Availability:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- 10:15 am or 11:30 am
Self Exploration (Self-Guided Tours)
Explore our exhibitions at your own pace. Use our student-friendly learning guides to assist you along the way. After registering for your self-exploration experience, you will receive pre-, during, and post- visit materials.
- Group Tour Maximum: 150
- Plan to spend 1.5 hours
- Please book your field trip 10 days in advance